Why Not Join Them??!!
Head Start is a federally funded program. We promote the school readiness of children ages three - five. Families must meet income eligibility guidelines. Both working & non-working families can apply. Foster children are automatically eligible. Families with children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Head Start gives families a chance to learn and grow by providing many supportive services.
- Physical Exam
- Dental Exam
- Tooth Brushing Daily
- Developmental Screenings
- Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Height and Weight
- Hemoglobin and Lead Screenings
- Individual Nutrition Assessment
- Up-to-Date Immunizations
- Free Nutritious Meals (2 per day)
- Access to a Nutrition Consultant
- Access to a Mental Health Consultant
- Disability Services (IEP) if Needed
- Follow-up Services as Needed
- A Minimum of Once Per Week for Each of the Following Activities Are Incorporated Into the Classroom Lesson Plan: Nutrition, Health, Oral Health, and Safety.
- Community Resources
- Center Parent Meetings
- Health Services Advisory Committee
- Policy Council
- Fatherhood Activities
- Open Door Classrooms/Centers
- Family Engagement/Partnerships
- Parent Education
- Home and Center Visits
- Transitioning Activities/Info
- Family Literacy Packets
- Galileo—Internet Name and Password to Check Your Child’s Progress
- Participation in the IEP Process for Parents of Children with Disabilities
- Individual Assistance as Needed
Your Local Community Action Agency
Yearly, Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland CAC provides service to nearly 13,000 children, families, senior citizens, healthcare patients, and our community neighbors with a broad spectrum of services including the following last year:
The Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.